State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements (ICG) functions under the control of the federalagency Rostekhregulirovaniya. It was created to protect the interests and rights of citizens, the rule of law, the economic system. ICI provides protection from the negative consequences of using unreliable indicators in various spheres of public life.
Key legal documents regulating the functioning of State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements:
- GOST P 8.000-2000.
- The Constitution of the Russian Federation.
- FZ No. 102.
- Government Decree No. 100 of 1994
Certain issues are regulated in other regulatory documents, system standards developed and approved by the agency Rostekhregulirovanie.
State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements acts in relation to:
- Federal structures of power.
The aim of the ICG is to formnational regulatory, economic, organizational, legal conditions for the implementation of the objectives set by the Agency of Rostekhregulirovanie and granting economic entities the opportunity to assess the compliance of measurement results with established standards.
The main provisions of the State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements
The key tasks of the ICG are:
- Carrying out of the scientific researches connected with reproduction and transfer of indicators of units.
- Creation of systems, the formulation of concepts, terms metrology.
The state system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements contributes to:
- Creation and improvement of standards.
- Conducting the certification of measurement techniques.
- State control and metrological supervision.
- Accreditation of services.
- Information support for users.
- Organization and conduct of fundamental scientific research to improve the means and methods of measurement, the transfer of their results.
- Establishing general requirements for standards, methods, conditions that ensure the uniformity of measurements.
- Development and examination of sections of state and other programs, including those related to the creation and development of the defense industry.
- Calibration and certification of measuring instruments not included in the list of objects of state control and supervision.
- Organization of training and retraining of metrologists.
The activities of authorized persons in the field of metrology are carried out in relation to:
- The aggregate of official units and scales.
- Terminology used in the field of metrology.
- Reproduction and transmission of the sizes of scales and units of values.
- Methods and forms of providing results obtained during measurements, error characteristics.
- Methods for estimating deviations and uncertainty of measurements.
- Order of development, approval and certification of methodologies.
- Complex of standardized characteristics of measuring means.
- Methods for determining and correcting intertesting intervals.
- Order of testing for approval of measuring equipment and their certification.
- Rules of metrological supervision and control.
- The order of licensing the activities of natural persons and organizations for the repair, production, rental, sale of measuring equipment.
- Typical tasks, duties, rights of metrological services, subordinate to the executive bodies of state power and legal entities.
- Order of attestation of measuring, calibration, calibration, analytical, testing laboratories, services of nondestructive and radiation monitoring.
- State verification schemes.
- Measurement procedure.
- The order of accreditation of metrological organizations and other legal entities and citizens on metrological activities of various kinds.
- Method of calibration (verification) of measuring equipment.
- Terms and definitions by type of measurement.
The State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements subsystems:
- The legal.
The technical subsystem is a complex:
- Standards of units.
- Standard samples of characteristics and properties of substances.
- Reference, measuring, research, verification laboratories.
The structure of the organizational subsystem State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements includes:
- State service of metrology.
- Other services related to ensuring the uniformity of measurements.
- Metrological bodies of federal structures.
It is formed by a complex of state acts, normative and technical documentation, approved at different levels and regulating metrological norms, requirements, rules, recommendations.
State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements It includes documents establishingmandatory for the implementation of general technical and organizational and technical provisions, methods, procedures for the performance of work, requirements for the formulation of their results. The recommendations contain provisions that are not mandatory, but are recommended for use.
Register of the State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements
This document is used for registration and recording of types of measuring aids.
The register is a state act certifying the factpassing by the means and its manufacturer of verification according to the rules established in the legislation. It is on the basis of the results of verification procedures that the relevant accounting objects are included in the list. Regarding the funds registered in the register, there are official inspection rules and technical standards.
The database provides:
- Accounting of measuring means of approved types.
- Formation of centralized information funds about the objects of accounting, admitted to production, circulation, production, use in Russia.
- Registration of accredited test centers.
- Accounting for certificates issued for measuring tools.
- Organization of information supportinterested subjects, including the national metrology services of the countries involved in the mutual recognition of the normative indicators of tests and the approval of measuring means.
For the first time, the law regulating State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements, was approved in 1991. Until then, the country had no legislative provisions in the field of metrology. Norms and rules were fixed by government regulations.
The law adopted in 1991, introduced a number of innovations in the field of metrology. First of all, the main terms used in the industry were defined. Secondly, a system of certification and licensing of metrological activities was introduced.
The legislation clearly distinguished the functions of control and supervision, and the calibration rules were measured.
The objectives of the current legislation in the field of metrology
The amended version of the Law of 1991 is designed to ensure:
- Protection of users from unreliable results of measurements.
- Promotion of economic, scientific and technical progress based on the use of standards and accurate indicators.
- Formation of favorable conditions for establishing links between enterprises, including Russian and foreign ones.
- Adaptation of the domestic measuring system to the world practice.
Citizens and organizations, state bodies that violatedthe provisions of Federal Law No. 102, as well as other normative acts applied in the field of metrology, are held accountable under the current legislation. In the event of property damage due to unlawful actions, illegal decisions by authorized persons, criminal sanctions may be applied.
Actions / inaction of employees of executivebodies of state power can be challenged in due course. The appeal, however, does not suspend the fulfillment of the prescriptions approved by them, except for cases directly stipulated by the legislation. The corresponding provisions are established in Article 24 of the Federal Law No. 102.